I was tagged by Eoin over at Eoin Purcell’s Blog. The rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.
I am at the Reference Desk so I am picking up the Reference book I just used to help a patron:
1) Merriam Webster's Biographical Dictionary (1995) 
2) The sixth, seventh and eight sentences on page 123 read:
Staatsoper (1921-27); musical director, Darmstadt (1927-31), Hamburg (1931-34), Dresden (1934-43), Vienna Staatsoper (1943-45, 1954-56); won international recognition esp. as interpreter of Mozart, Wagner,
Bonus points to whoever knows who this is!
And I tag in turn: Jennie's Rambles, ahistoricality, Autism Blog, Whitterer on Autism, and World of Royalty.
Update: OK, I messed up the rules. It is sentence 6, 7, 8 and not lines 6, 7, and 8. Due to being tagged again at the Information Literacy Land of Confusion, I did it better at Book Meme Tagging, Part Two.