Many our our presidents have changed their names though or elected to use one name….first or middle as they entered the public arena.
- Ulysses Simpson Grant’s given name was Hiram Ulysses Grant
- Grover Cleveland’s name was changed from Stephen Grover Cleveland.
- Woodrow Wilson was known at birth as Thomas Woodrow Wilson
- Calvin Coolidge didn’t want to be known as John Calvin Coolidge
- Dwight David Eisenhower changed his name from David Dwight Eisenhower. Gerald Rudolph Ford changed his name from Leslie King, Jr. when his mother married his stepfather and he was legally adopted.
- William Jefferson Clinton changed his name from William Jefferson Blythe because of a similar situation with President Ford.
What about middle names? Well, seventeen of our former presidents have no middle name according to this site.
Would you consider naming all of your children after a president?
What about making anagrams with presidential names? If you rearrange the letters in William Howard Taft one of the combinations is A WORD WITH ALL: I’M FAT. Calvin Coolidge becomes LOVE? A COLD ICING, Woodrow Wilson becomes O LORD, SO NOW, WWI, and George Bush becomes HE BUGS GORE.